Focusing on the Family in South Carolina
Carver Law Firm LLC offers clients throughout Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area the representation they need in family law matters. Attorney Lisa M. Carver has been practicing law for 15 years of legal experience and 8 years of Family Law exclusively helping clients navigate the legal system, and she is committed to helping clients protect their families. Attorney Lisa M. Carver was a prosecutor for 8 years and so they don't have any clients other than the State of South Carolina. Contact us online or call 843-502-0368 to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced lawyer.
Divorce and Legal Separation
Many clients do not understand the difference between divorce and legal separation. At Carver Law Firm LLC, we help clients understand which is most appropriate for their situation. Whether a divorce or legal separation is most appropriate, we are committed to advocating for clients throughout the process, helping them protect their children and assets in every legal proceeding, including:
- Family court mediation: In Horry County, mediation is required for all family law issues, including child custody and visitation. Attorney Lisa M. Carver is a certified mediator.
- Guardian ad Litem : We advocate on behalf of children in custody, visitation and divorce matters.
- Custody and visitation: We help parents understand what factors are considered in custody and visitation arrangements, including who is the primary caretaker and who will provide the most stable environment.
- Child support and modifications: In South Carolina, child support payments are based on each parents' gross monthly income, along with many other factors.
- Spousal support: After a marriage is over, one spouse may be awarded spousal support, sometimes referred to as spousal maintenance, to rehabilitate themselves. Spousal support is based on numerous factors, including the length of the marriage, disparity in incomes and any fault found against the receiving spouse.
Straightforward Solutions to Family Law Matters
In addition to representation in divorce matters, we also represent clients in other family law matters, including:
- Orders of protection: If you were wrongly accused of domestic violence or abuse, we can help you fight an order of protection.
- Adoptions: We represent parents in all adoption matters, including step-parent and foster child adoption. We also work with the biological parents to terminate existing parental rights.
- Name changes: We represent clients who wish to change their name — first, middle, last or all three.
We represent clients we can believe in and we give them the legal and emotional support they need throughout the legal process. Schedule your appointment by contacting our firm online or by calling 843-502-0368 locally or toll free at 866-623-7040.