Emancipation Of South Carolina Minors

In some circumstances, people under age 18 are ready to take on the responsibilities of adulthood, including the right to live independently of their parents or guardians. At The Carver Law Firm, L.L.C., I can guide you through the process of emancipation. I will give you honest advice and dependable representation in court. I also represent parents opposing their child’s attempt to emancipate.

I have been a lawyer in Myrtle Beach and Grand Strand for nearly 20 years and have focused exclusively on family law for more than a decade. I represent clients in Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area. I will tailor my strategy to your best interests. To schedule a confidential appointment, call 843-502-0368 or toll-free 866-623-7040, or email me.

The Emancipation Process

There are several ways you can show that you are eligible for emancipation as a minor, such as:

  • Current or future financial independence
  • Whether you are living on your own or with a parent
  • Your maturity level and decision-making ability
  • Evidence that you are being abused by your parents or guardians
  • If you are pregnant, whether you have a clear plan to marry the father and/or care for yourself and your baby

An emancipated minor gains several rights, such as choosing what school they attend, making their own decisions about their income, and signing contracts. In general, emancipation jump-starts the process of adulthood.

If your child is attempting emancipation against your will, I will go to court to show why the judge should not grant the request. I will serve your rights as a parent.

Have A Confidential Consultation With Me

For more information about emancipation of a minor, call 843-502-0368 or toll-free 866-623-7040 to reach The Carver Law Firm, L.L.C.. You can also contact me online.