A Family-Focused Firm In South Carolina
As the principal attorney of The Carver Law Firm, L.L.C., I have offered clients in Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area the representation they need in family law matters for almost a decade.
I am attorney Lisa M. Carver, and my mission is to help you navigate the legal system. I am committed to protecting your family. Before turning my focus on family law, I was a prosecutor. This gave me useful insight into not only the criminal justice system but also how our legal system works.
Divorce And Legal Separation
You may not be clear as to the difference between divorce and legal separation. I will help you understand, which is most appropriate for your situation. I am committed to advocating for you throughout the process and to ensure that your children and assets are protected. I can help you with:
• Family court mediation: In Horry County, mediation is required for all family law issues, including child custody and visitation. I, Lisa M. Carver, am the principal attorney of The Carver Law Firm, L.L.C., and I am a certified mediator.
• I craft professional prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that clearly state what will happen should your marriage last less than a lifetime.
• Guardian ad litem: I advocate on behalf of the children in custody, visitation and divorce matters.
• Custody and visitation: I help you as a parent to understand what factors are considered in custody and visitation arrangements, including who is the primary caretaker and who will provide the most stable environment.
• Child support and modifications: I help you understand that child support payments are based on each parent’s gross monthly income, along with other factors.
• Spousal support: After a marriage is over, one spouse may be awarded spousal support, sometimes referred to as alimony. I help you understand that spousal support is based on numerous factors, including but not limited to, the length of the marriage, the disparity in incomes and marital misconduct.
• I am experienced providing guidance in any level of property division, and I know when to utilize the services of financial and tax experts in business valuation.
Straightforward Solutions To Family Law Matters
In addition to representation in divorce matters, I also represent clients in other family law matters, including:
• Orders of protection defense: If you were wrongly accused of domestic violence or abuse, I can help you fight an order of protection.
• Adoptions: I represent parents in all adoption matters, including stepparent and foster child adoption. I also work with biological parents to terminate existing parental rights.
• Name changes: I can help you with the process of changing your name — first, middle, last or all three, whether you are a minor or an adult.
I represent clients I can believe in, I give you the legal and emotional support you need to move as smoothly as possible through your family law matter. Schedule your appointment by contacting me online or by calling my office at 843-502-0368 locally or toll-free at 866-623-7040.