A Family Focus Dedicated To You And Your Family for Internal Pages

Child Custody Modifications For Parents

A child custody order that was reasonable when it went into effect years ago may no longer make sense. In other cases, the order is new but contains errors that harm your children. If you need to change your child support plan, or if your co-parent is trying to make unacceptable changes, I can help you. At The Carver Law Firm, L.L.C., I represent parents in child custody modification matters. I have more than 18 years of experience in the law, and I am committed to protecting your parental rights and your children’s best interests.

Skilled Child Custody Lawyer In Grand Strand

My name is Lisa Carver. As an attorney, I focus my practice exclusively on family law, including establishing and modifying child custody orders. Because I am a certified guardian ad litem, I know how family court judges treat custody disputes. I will make you and your children my top priorities, and I will make sure the results are something you are comfortable with. Contact my Myrtle Beach office at 843-502-0368 or toll-free 866-623-7040 to schedule a consultation with me.

Modifying Child Custody

As the years following divorce pass, a child support order’s terms may change from practical and in the children’s best interests to out of date and potentially harmful for the kids. For example, leaving sole custody with one parent may no longer be a good fit for the children’s emotional and educational needs now that they are older. In other cases, the custodial parent wants to move with the kids out of state.

If a South Carolina parent wants to modify their child custody plan, they may be able to negotiate with their co-parent. However, in some cases the parents cannot agree and they must go to family court to argue their cases before a judge. As in any child custody matter, the judge will make the children’s best interests the primary concern. As your attorney, I will forcefully argue your point of view, backed by the facts and grounded in my many years practicing family law. I will commit myself to your case and a positive outcome.

Take Steps To Secure Your Parental Rights

To schedule a consultation at my Myrtle Beach office, call The Carver Law Firm, L.L.C., at 843-502-0368 or toll-free 866-623-7040. You can also reach me online.